@keith_in_tnt on Twitter.com

Loading...

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Music Monday: "I don't want to live on the moon" cover by Paul Dateh

One of the customs on social messaging site Twitter is "#MusicMonday", where on a Monday users share some audio or video that they like or to which they're listening.  From today, I'm extending that custom to this blog.  Further, I'll post on a Sunday night, since that will allow more people to pick up the post on a Monday morning.  For this first post, I'll start with something light.

Any member of the Sesame Street generation will remember the song, "I don't want to live on the moon", written by award-winning composer, the late Jeff Moss.  It was first performed by Ernie, and subsequently by Ernie again in duet with Aaron Neville.

This cover of the tune is performed by Paul Dateh on vocals and violin with Ken Belcher accompanying on acoustic guitar.  And thanks to my sister, Sonja, for sharing the video.

We had the benefit of some really nice music back then.  Do enjoy the performance.

Follow @Keith_in_TnT
on Twitter | via RSS Feed